To apply for the 21st Century Scholars Program your student must:
- Be a resident of Indiana, both when applying and when receiving the scholarship (determined by the residency of the parent or legal guardian).
- Be one of the following:
- U.S. citizen or U.S. national (includes natives of American Samoa or Swain’s Island)
- U.S. permanent resident who has an I-151, I-551, or I-551C (Alien Registration Receipt Card)
- A non-citizen with one of the following designations:
- Asylum Granted
- Indefinite Parole and/or Humanitarian Parole
- Cuban-Haitian Entrant, Status Pending
- Be enrolled in the 7th or 8th grade at an Indiana public or private school accredited by the Indiana Department of Education. Children in foster care may apply after the 8th grade. Homeschooled students are not eligible for the 21st Century Scholars Program.
- Be a member of a family that meets the income eligibility guidelines. A student in foster care or under legal guardianship does not need to meet this requirement.
|Household size||Maximum annual income|
|7 or more||For each additional person, add $8,177|
Before you apply online, make sure you have the following:
- Student’s Social Security number, date of birth, and address
- Parent or guardian’s Social Security number, or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number if applicable
- Previous year gross income amounts for all members of the household (Example: if you are applying after December 31, 2017, use 2017 amounts.)
- A valid email address. Free email addresses are available at Yahoo!, Gmail, and Live
During the application process, you will:
- Answer pre-enrollment questions
- Enter student contact information (address, phone, email, school information and SSN)
- Agree to the 21st Century Scholar Pledge
- Enter income information for parent or guardian
- Review and submit application
To submit an application:
1. Find the “Don’t have an email address and password? Create An Account” link at the footer (bottom) of the ScholarTrack login page. Create an account via the ScholarTrack system. Select “I am a parent or guardian.” You will need to provide your name and an email address to create an account.
2. After you have created a ScholarTrack account, log in. Parents can then apply a student for 21st Century Scholars via the ScholarTrack system. Click on “My Account” to submit an application. The application takes about 20 minutes to complete.
You will receive an email with an application summary and a program enrollment decision based on the information you provided after the application is received. All applications must be received by June 30 of a student’s 8th-grade year.
Get started at ScholarTrack.IN.gov.